I'm out of shape. Big time. And I don't like it. I don't like my little belly and bum fat, I admit it, some of it is vanity.
But mostly I don't like being out of breath when climbing a hill in my neighbourhood, which is built into a hill. I want to feel vigorous again.
So, I have some summer goals that I hope will turn into habits I'll keep into the school year.
Here are my ideas.
When at home:
- Jump on trampoline 20 minutes per day. Doubly good because it's also quality time with children.
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or The Biggest Loser DVD four times per week.
- Yoga class once a week.
- Biking once or twice a week (I never did bike to work, not even once :( )
When at the cottage:
- Jillian Michaels DVDs.
- Self-directed yoga practice.
When on holiday in the US.
- Morning calisthenics routine - curls, squats, etc.
- Assorted hikes with family.
- Canoe trip with family.
I think this is pretty realistic. The 30 Day Shred routines is only about 25 minutes and The Biggest Loser is 45. I love the trampoline and yoga. I love walking, hiking and canoeing.
I'll keep you posted.
Do you have any fitness plans for summer?
Image CC Mike Baird