Last week Jen wrote about envying some of her friends' husbands because they had wives who worked at home, being homemakers & parents. She envies that they don't have to come home to cooking, cleaning, and home managing. All of which is a LOT of work and to do it on top of a full time job - well we know that's tough (as is straying at home).
Some people commented about needing wives or staff to take care of that stuff. That would be lovely but alas, I can't afford that so I have a plan to keep it clean and organized.
- Eat supper out every day. If we keep it to appetizers and kids meals we might be able to stay in the budget. Breakfasts would be impractical and lunches are eaten at school and work.
- Dig an outhouse. I know they can be gross while you're in there but you don't have to clean a toilet then. I'm not sure how the municipality would feel about that but too bad. We can get a gym membership and shower there, it will force us to actually go.
- Get rid of everything. Keep only the couch and two chairs and the dining table and the beds. The kids can keep one toy and hubby and I one book, and my laptop of course. We can have one plate, bowl, cup and set of cutlery each - for breakfast.
- Get all bills through epost - environmentally sound and will reduce paper clutter.
- Make swiffer slippers, that way we will be dusting the floor everywhere we walk.
I'm stuck on how to get rid of laundry. We have to wear clothes and they have to be clean. Any suggestions?