You may have already read the book(s)...I STILL haven't had a chance to read Fifty Shades of Grey but Jen Maier tells me it will ...um, get you going!
It's next on my "to read" list just to see if it lives up to it's hype but I'm just finishing up Tina Fey's Bossypants (awesome funny book, by the way).
If you've been busy with life and haven't heard about this best-seller you can find out about it here Fifty Shades of Grey Synopsis and there have been 2 titles added to Fifty Shades. Just this week, the trilogy has reached a total of 20 million copies sold in the US!
So, last week KOBO did a fun public survey inspired by the steamy escapades of the Fifty Shades Trilogy. They wanted to find out just how HOT are people's love lives?
Here's what they've discovered (by the way, this is no scientific survey...just for fun).
- When asked the most unusual place they did "it", 42% of people said they like a romp in a park. (I hope my mother-in-law isn't reading this... or my mom)
- More people prefer flowers for no reason than a surprise trip to Colorado or even a luxury yacht cruise! (hmm...flowers on a yacht for no reason would be fireworks, me thinks.)
- Silk definitely outweighs flannel in the bedroom. (so, my hubby was right after all)
- When asked to describe themselves in the bedroom, respondents said: 52% medium, 15% mild, and 33% hot & spicy! (I won't tell you what I answered..what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom...or the park)
- 53% say they don't need accessories, but some do: 17% scarf, 14% handcuffs, 13% whipped cream..and a mere 3% said whip. (I'm mildly shocked..and where's the vibrator?)
- Who likes to share? Most people don't. 60% have never been in a love triangle, while 32% have, and 8% said they "don't do math". (I'm killing myself with laughter here...math!)
- Most wouldn't be caught dead reading Fifty Shades at church, but everywhere else is just fine. And 70% of people have read Fifty Shades on their eReaders...more privacy! (Good point! ..remember when our moms use to wrap the covers in brown paper bags?)
If you want more info on the survey results check it out here Fifty Shades Confessions!
So, there you have it! Whether you've read the series or not, you have to admit it's just pure fun. That's all!
Hollywood is in the midst of searching for the right people to cast in the movie...
Who would you want to see playing the lead male role???
Here's my vote...