I've always wanted to experience the holidays in New York City with my family. I could just imagine the faces of my kids standing at the massive tree in Rockefeller Centre with jaws dropped and big doe eyes. I don't think they have seen a tree that gi-normous, yet. It would be pretty spectacular also to take them skating there with that beautiful postcard worthy backdrop. Then we would walk along the city streets to see the store windows all glowing in the spirit of the season. We would take them to see a show or a basketball game, then enjoy yummy cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery and let them pick out candy at Dylan's Candy Shop. We would venture on the subway system, check out High Line and take them to the original Momofuku Noodle Bar. It would be such a fun family experience during the winter holiday season.
I'm still thinking we could do a quick escape as Affinia Manhattan Hotel has a "MIRACLE ON 31ST STREET" holiday getaway package that looks good. A classic New York City experience from shopping to ice skating is being offered at this newly renovated hotel offering families a convenient location to call home base while visiting the city's most iconic attractions and events.
Here's what is included in this offer available through February 26, 2013
- Accommodations for two nights in a spacious guest room or suite.
- VIP Ice Skating package for two at Citi Pond at Bryant Park that includes two VIP FastPasses, including two skate rentals and bag check (additional add on skate rentals available as well).
- Two non-skater advance admission
- Delicious hot cocoa to keep you warm.
- Complimentary bottle of wine to unwind after a day of winter fun.
- 20 percent off holiday dinner at Niles NYC Restaurant & Bar located at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel.
- Two Winter Rescue Kits including: lip balm, ear warmers, hand sanitizer, and hand warmers.
- 10 % off your bill at Celsius restaurant.
- Macy's 10 % savings pass to shop at the famous Macy's Herald Square.
- And of course, a DVD of the classic movie "Miracle on 34th Street" to watch in your cozy room is available upon request.
The value-packed rates start at $209 per night, based on double occupancy. For more information on Affinia Manhattan Hotel's "MIRACLE ON 31 STREET" package, and availability, please visit their website at www.affinia.com
We've been to New York many times without kids for work and for leisure, but it's on our list of places to take them.
Have you experienced New York with the kids? Let me know what else you've done. I'll add it to my list!