Fall is my favourite and my best, as Lola would say. This season has been gloriously long and stretched out over sunny days and golden evenings and I have been doing my best to enjoy every minute of it, knowing I will soon be cursing the snow and the cold.
Here are some of the things that have made this fall extra great:
1. Gel polish on my nails. Finally a natural looking manicure that is indestructible and stays put for weeks.
2. Salted caramel anything.
3. Homemade tomato sauce from the garden.
4. 18% coffee cream in my Starbucks Via coffee every morning.
5. Junior Kindergarten.
6. Planning Halloween costumes for the kids.
7. Thanksgiving dinners with family and loved ones.
8. Impromptu coffee dates with friends.
9. All my favourite TV programs back on air (except I still have a Big Love-shaped hole in my heart. I miss you, Hendricksons!).
10. Brown sugar and cinnamon candle making my house smell delicious.
11. A career that challenges and excites me.
12. Upcoming visit from my Momma.
13. Finally tackling Mt. St. Laundry.
14. My housecoat. So un-hip, yet so cozy. It's basically my uniform.
15. Birthday money to spend on a house cleaner.
16. Watching documentaries in bed with my husband.
It's so easy to get lost in the blur of these crazy days, but really, I am so thankful for all of it.
What are some of your favourite things right now? TELL ME.